How to Increase Wireless Internet WiFi Coverage in Large Home
Everyone agrees that if you are building a large custom home, it will require much stronger foundation & infrastructure to support the building/ property itself. However, when it comes to internet and networking, which is now considered as MUST HAVE standard for any modern homes, yet most people are still using the consumer grade internet appliances or use whatever the internet provider (AT&T or Verizon) provides. Although those consumer grade or “Freebies” are good enough products, however they are designer for much smaller home (typically for around 1000-1500 square feet).
Consumer grade technology is designed to meet a certain price point. For $50 dollars, you can purchase an all-in-one networking product with a built-in access point, switch, and router. But meeting a certain price point has its limitations—network security and speed are severely compromised in order to make way for cheaper alternatives. Businesses and modern homes need a superior network with better security, priority streaming, and greater bandwidth to handle today’s appliances. That’s where enterprise-grade technology steps in.
Enterprise-grade products offer:
1. Better Streaming – multimedia networks can coexist with each other, thanks to configurable priority streaming. Voice services are crystal clear and not subject to data drops and delays. You can stream your favorite movies from Netflix while your kids are listening to Pandora and browsing the internet flawlessly.
2. Security – this includes encryption for all administrative traffic (HTTPS, SFTP, SSH) and IP access controls. Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) and firewalls are built-in to protect the network against oncoming threats. You can be sure that no one else is snooping into your private information such as online banking.
3. High Bandwidth – enterprise-grade products can supply enough bandwidth to support simultaneous streams of audio/video without interruption.
4. Scalability – rather than scrapping an entire system when something new comes out, integrators can scale their enterprise-grade equipment up to accommodate different situations.
5. Reliability – while consumer grade routers overheat, get overloaded with too many connections, or simply stop working after 8 month, enterprise-grade products are built to last for years. Enterprise-grade products also come with lengthy warranty periods to ensure the network runs smoothly.
6. Coverage – Businesses and large homes require coverage for a tremendous amount of space and are comprised of diverse building materials such as concrete, stone, or steel. Enterprise-grade products ensure full coverage of wireless property, even in the face of substantial wireless interference.
With internet now considered the 4th utility in homes (behind gas, water, and electricity), a reliable network is more important than ever before. That is why the Pakedge Connect+ Platform gives integrators a fully-integrated network that meets the necessities of enterprise-grade networking.
The Pakedge Connect+ Platform is a carefully-integrated system of switches, routers, wireless, power management and software technologies, designed specifically to work with each other to deliver seamless, scalable, and reliable multimedia networking performance. This platform, when unified with the BakPak Cloud Management System, offers cloud-enabled services such as monitoring and management of all connected devices anywhere, anytime, and from any device.
MONACO® Audio Video is an Authorized Dealer for Pakedge and please call us (626) 395-9597 to schedule your FREE in home consultation!